On Niconico, there is a vast amount of content which is all for you to cuddle forever. Vocaloid videos for the Japanese all-lover, Anime videos for the otaku and beyond, Gaming videos for the avid game fan, the Tried It videos for those who want to do it, as well as the animal videos for the users who like cute and “cuddly” (especially cat videos), the “That… Thing” videos for the unknowing (as well as for perverts) and the like, blah, blah, blah, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera, it goes on. I, for once, already love some type of videos, and that is…
Song: Munchy Monk from Rhythm Tengoku Gold (Rhythm Heaven) / Sources: Non Non Biyori
Youtube mirror courtesy of lika ai ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTE2HdZQkJE
Original video on Niconico (ACCOUNT REQUIRED, MOTHERFUCKERS!) ~ http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22021292
Yeah. That, my friend is what we call this video an “OtoMAD”. But first, let me tell you…
What is an OtoMAD?
According to “ChizawaGames” or “Chizawa2364”:
To Make Fun Songs using Sounds from Game/Anime/Shows.
Yeah, but… …not complete. Can you tell me what is an OtoMAD in a more detailed manner?
Well, you get the point. Even I was not able to “grasp” the perfect “definition” for the word “OtoMAD”. It goes off saying…
A music video using sounds from sources, usually from anime, games, TV shows, etc.; usually synced with music.
Yes. I get it. The similar goes for the western style of OtoMADs, “YTPMV” or “YouTube Poop Music Video”. But I was wondering: what sources and songs “OtoMAD creators” use? No, I meant, what sources they normally use, what songs they normally use, the traditions, what to do, where to start as one…
For starters, there is a saying, the songs and sources they normally use is synced with the latest goings-on in the OtoMAD universe on Niconico. (For YTPMV creators, anything “techno” is what you all think.) Latest fads and memes and all, but what made me curious is “a set list” of songs and sources, with entries all being “worthy” for viewers.
Songs they are thinking now are:
- Bemani Songs (especially songs created by Ryutaro “Ryu☆” Nakahara (ex. “I’m So Happy”, “Bloomin’ Feeling”, the “Sakura” series, etc.), as well as others (ex. “Red Zone”, “Flower”, etc))
- Game Songs (especially songs from the Kirby series (ex. “Sky High”, “Sand Canyon”, “Treasure Shot”, “VS Masked Dedede” etc.))
- Anime Songs (ex. Attack On Titan/Shingeki No Kyojin OP “Guren No Yumiya/Feuerroter Pfeil und Bogen”, Haiyore! Nyaruko-San W OP “Koi Wa Chaos No Shimobe”, etc.)*
Sources they are thinking now are:
- Kiniro Mosaic
- A Midsummer Night’s Dirty Dream/Manatsu No Yo No Inmu & Marisa And Alice’s Cookie Kiss (If paired together, this is styled as “Cookie☆”)
- Train MAD Sources (They call it “Train MADs”, the “Heavy Stopover Series” being most strong in its type)
- Tales Series (most recently trying its hand right now)
NOW, if I am an “OtoMAD creator” here is what I was (just thinking) doing.
Songs I am thinking now are:
- Songs that might pique my musical curiosity (Backlogged: “Kazoku Ni Narouyo” by Masaharu Fukuyama, “Yume Wa Owaranai”, “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen, etc.)**
- Some Vocaloid Original Songs (all of them not common for OtoMAD creators)
- Some Game Songs (Backlogged: Tales Of Vesperia OP “Ring A Bell/Kane Wo Narashite (by Bonnie Pink), Star Ocean: First Departure OP “Heart” (by Asunaro), etc.)**
**Yeah, I know, most of the songs I might use for my OtoMADs are copyrighted music, I need to just respect “crediting” the songs
***Maybe a little K-Pop
Sources I am thinking now are:
- “That reflects my personality” (Possible answer: Pokémon)
- “That reflects what I played as a gamer” (Possible answer(s): Tales Of Vesperia, Digimon, Disgaea, etc.)
- “That reflects “dream” and “fantasy” for everyone” (Possible answers: Jewelpet Series, Tamagotchi Series, etc.)****
****Again, don’t get me started on children’s anime
These entries (save a few) might not be familiar with what the OtoMAD creators are used to. Normal ones like to stick with the “set list” of songs and sources. What I do is unorthodox, using sources that they are familiar to, but the songs are completely not what the OtoMAD creators are familiar with. Here’s a link example:
- “KokorokokoroKOKOROkokoROKOkoroKOKOrokoKOROkokoKokoro-chan iu na~!” (Song: On And On (Mojipittan PSP)***** / Sources: Tantei Opera Milky Holmes (FOUCUSED ON KOKORO))
- “Child of the DokiPuri Tribe” (Song: The Little Sprite (Secret Of Mana)***** / Sources: Dokidoki Precure)
- “Yuri HEAVENLY☆M⌒o⌒o⌒N” (Song: Heavenly Moon / Sources: A Midsummer Night’s Dirty Dream/Manatsu No Yo No Inmu & Marisa And Alice’s Cookie Kiss (Cookie☆)*****)
- “Ring An Alice” (Song: Ring A Bell/Kane Wo Narashite by Bonnie Pink (Tales Of Vesperia) / Sources: Kiniro Mosaic (FOUCUSED ON ALICE)*****)
- “Hurtling Ruby” (Song: Hurtling Boys by Sadakkey Ihcikadas (Taiko No Tatsujin) / Sources: Jewelpet Series)
- “Colorful x (My) Melody” (Song: Colorful x Melody by Hatsune Miku and Kagamine Rin / Sources: My Melody Series)
- “Mamoritai ~ White Vesperia ~” (Song: Mamoritai ~ White Wishes ~ by BoA (Tales Of Graces) / Sources: Tales Of Vesperia)
- “Z-tai” (Song: Aitai by Gumi / Sources: Z-kai*****)
- “Sukiratsu!” (Song: Sukirai by Mirai Suenaga CV. Utaco (Culture Japan) / Sources: Aikatsu!)
*****Familiar to OtoMAD Creators
See this? I just want that fucking damn “set list” tradition to stay broken! Instead of using the same songs and sources you are used to all the time, why not experiment with other songs and sources? For example, you are going to make an OtoMAD using “I’m So Happy” as the song, and “Yu-Gi-Oh” as the source. Why not use the same source but change the song to a different and unfamiliar song? Like “Sayonara Crawl” by AKB48 or “Headphone Actor” by IA?
Look, on the bottom line about me, on the subject: “set list”, I think if I want to make an OtoMAD, it must be different from the other “normal” OtoMADs they create. Well, what do we say, unleash a new revolution of OtoMADs?
And that suffices this opinion and post!
See you next post ~dechu!!
P.S. Here is another one, you must love Tales!
Song: Red Zone / Sources: Tales Of Xillia
Youtube mirror courtesy of PMseventythree ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c44YRMsm2M8
Original video on Niconico (ACCOUNT REQUIRED, MOTHERFUCKERS!) ~ http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15125688